There are some truths that I will never tell you. Not because I am not a good friend, but because there are times in life where the best thing you can do is just to shut the hell up. For instance, I am upset that you did not believe in me and never gave me a fighting chance. I am upset that I caught you off the hook, lying. With that realization and revelation, therefore I will no longer give an honest opinion.
All these time while I’ve been the most generous of my time. I risked friendship by telling hard core truth just to save you from your mistakes. But since we’re here, these are the truths that I will never tell you:
- Your higher ups will not always be in favor of you. You cannot represent them well and it is due to your nature.
- I know you are in denial. I know when I see one.
- You can cover up all your outburst and drama but I’ve been listening to you for years and it never levelled up.
- I think you are rushing and desperate.
- I think you shelled out the most.
- You’re the only one who’s excited.
- You will not be able to sew both opposing sides.
- Your life decision is the start of a new wave of drama.
- Sometimes, with your scholastic records, I cannot believe dumb you are.
- You are making a huge life mistake.
Of course, you will never know these things because it will not come from me. I will never tell you that I told you so, because I already know and need no further validation. I will just let the universe slap you with these hard core truths while I sit on the sides, eating popcorn.
Because you know, according to you, these are what friends are for.
P.S. I cannot wait to look back and read this post to find all of the items here checked.