The last time I flew PAL was in 2006, en route to Palawan. I was excited to ride it again (been taking Cebu Pacific for quite a long time) because my ticket gave me 30kgs check in, 7kg hand carry and an in flight meal. In fact, it offers the same privilege when I took Emirates for my UK trip last year.
Bad News: They don’t have TV / individual TVs for A330-330 airbus type.
Good news: It’s only a 3.5 plane ride away from the Philippines anyway. I can just watch on my laptop.
They offer in flight wifi, $10 for 1 hour. and $40 for the duration of the flight and for a maximum of data usage.
But another option they have, is to stream the movies using their on air wifi and watch it on your mobile phone/tablet.
- Download myPal player link for iOs here
- Connect phone/iPad to “On Air”wifi
- Open the app and use it to view movies, TV shows and even albums.
- Tutorial videos below.
- Since there’s no TV, I downloaded the app on my iPad the night before our flight:
2. I connected to the ON AIR Wifi, and streamed it using my Ipad. Check out the movies. Not a lot of new ones though.
3. I chose Magic Mike XXL on the plane because I haven’t seen it. But the Tito beside me is watching my iPad and I got embarrased as soon as Channing Tatum was about to start gyrating on the screen.